Production funding is used to support film projects produced wholly or partly in South Tyrol by covering up to 50% or, in exceptional cases, up to 80% of the total production costs. The maximum amount granted is 1.5 million euros per project. Grants from the IDM Film Fund can be combined with other public grants and the Italian tax credit.
To be considered for funding, your project must meet the following requirements:
- The producer should be making a reasonable financial investment in the project, at least part of which must be in the form of liquid assets.
- Distribution should have already been arranged.
- The individual components of the financing plan should either be confirmed or it should at least be foreseeable that they will be put in place.
Applications will only be considered if the following conditions are met:
- Submission of a detailed cost estimate clearly outlining for what money is to be spent in South Tyrol. At least 150% of the funding amount being applied for must be spent in South Tyrol.
- A willingness to involve South Tyrolean film professionals and service providers throughout the filming period.
- It is imperative that the application is submitted prior to the first day of shooting.